4/23/2014

5 Ways to Ease Stress in the Middle of the Week

Photo Courtesy of Mind Body Green
I was thinking lately that I need some stress relief. I am sure you all feel the same way too sometimes. So I came up with five ways that I like to ease my burdens and feel relaxed in the middle of the week. Or anytime really. So here are some ways to relax and get through your week.

  1. Bath time! I LOVE me some bath time! Just fill up the bath to a really warm/almost too hot temperature, add some bubbles, burn some candles that are lavender scented and grab myself a book and I am relaxed! It really is one of my favorite things to do. (Even if I'm not stressed.)
  2. Reading! I love to read! Since getting married (to a husband that gets a wee bit frustrated when I am reading and tune him out. Seriously though, how can I not?) and then having a baby, I find it really hard to sit and read for hours on end like I used to. So reading now is a luxury, which means it is extra special and does an extra good job of relaxing me and distracting me from my worries.
  3. Yoga! Yes, I am a yoga-er. I have found yoga to be a soothing and fun way to relax and release some stress and tension. When you get stressed you tend to carry that stress around in your muscles in the form of knots. Yoga helps release that tension and therefore relieve some stress. Also it is an exercise, which releases endorphin's (or "happy hormones") and keeps you healthy, if done regularly, and can help keep you happy. So take a time out and do some yoga everyday. It's always a win win.
  4. Massages! Before you get all "I can't afford that!" on me, listen up! I have only had one paid for massage in my 25 years of living (I didn't even pay for it) and, even though it was nice, you can still get a good relaxing massage at home. Have your spouse give you a massage, ask a good friend too, have a child or parent give one to you. It doesn't have to be a clothes-off-under-a-sheet massage (unless its your spouse and you are planning for an intimate night. Which makes this suggestion a double bonus). Wear your clothes. Just have them massage your back or feet or as far up your legs as you are comfortable with. (Legs hold a LOT of tension!! As does your behind, but that one is totally up to you.) So just get a massage and feel how good it is! Also try a massage school, I hear they are much cheaper. 
  5. Movie Time! Let me paint a picture for ya: you are curled up on the couch in your pj's, possibly with your significant other. You both have a warm cup of cocoa and a snugly-wugly blanket and you pop in an ol' favorite and snuggle in for the next 2 hours for some much needed relaxation. Honestly? How could you NOT feel relaxed with that scenario? Got to love it!
Photo Courtesy of The Dating Divas
  • BONUS! I am going to try meditating as a way to relax. I have recently become aware of the voices in me head not shutting up when it's time for bed. And by voices, I mean me worrying about all I have to do the next day, what to post next and what to do with my business to make it better and so much more.
Well if any of you have tried meditating I want to know how it went, what you did, what made it work and how you learned more about it! 

So tell me, what is your favorite way to relax? Comment below! I'm dying to know! 

Hugs!

16 comments:

  1. my de stress is waiting till the house is totally empty its the only time i can x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely nice to have an empty house for an hour or two to just relax and do nothing, with no one bothering you. Even though we do love our families! We all need a little me-time too!

      Delete
  2. Meditating is one of my favourite ways to relax and de-stress. The shower is also very therapeutic for me. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you like to meditate? I have been doing the cross-legged position, like in yoga and just closing my eyes and breathing. I have to really focus on my breathing or my mind wanders. I too love a nice hot shower (so does my husband, but his hot is WAY hotter than mine!).
      And you are welcome! I love visiting and reading other peoples positive outlooks on life and their religious experiences. No matter the religion.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful post Darci! We all need these tips to destress ourselves time and again. I used to do yoga till recently but had to stop due to a foot injury...should start again.I do meditate regularly and it has a very calming effect on me....that's my way of getting rid of stress besides writing blogs of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course writing blogs! That always helps! And you should definitely do yoga again! It has always been my favorite form of exercise! And what do you find to be the best way to meditate?

      Delete
  4. Average temperature this summer doesn't get below 30 degrees. Bath is perfect to relax. Massage and movie time is my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do you live? And I will take a bath no matter the temperature, same with drinking the hot cocoa! Who do you have give you a massage? I make my husband do it!

      Delete
  5. That bath looks AMAZING!
    I love meditation; I go to a class about once a month. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That bath is glorious looking! Wish mine was so lovely! Where did you find a class at? I'd love to find one! Or maybe start one at my house! haha Either way it would be awesome to meditate with friends!

      Delete
  6. Bath time is my favorite stress reliever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know what you mean! I LOVE baths!

      Delete
  7. I meditate quite often as part of my spiritual practice. Once you get started, it's easy. I don't do any formal type of meditation, though (like TM). That bath looks AMAZING! I want to climb in right now. In fact, every stress buster you mentioned sounds good, especially reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love to read! What is your favorite type of books to read?

      Delete
  8. wow :) glad to c someone from abroad following yoga :D bookmarked ur blog
    this is my blog hope u like it :)
    http://jrnywithprabhu.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll check yours out too!

      Delete