|Photo Courtesy of Mind Body Green|
- Bath time! I LOVE me some bath time! Just fill up the bath to a really warm/almost too hot temperature, add some bubbles, burn some candles that are lavender scented and grab myself a book and I am relaxed! It really is one of my favorite things to do. (Even if I'm not stressed.)
- Reading! I love to read! Since getting married (to a husband that gets a wee bit frustrated when I am reading and tune him out. Seriously though, how can I not?) and then having a baby, I find it really hard to sit and read for hours on end like I used to. So reading now is a luxury, which means it is extra special and does an extra good job of relaxing me and distracting me from my worries.
- Yoga! Yes, I am a yoga-er. I have found yoga to be a soothing and fun way to relax and release some stress and tension. When you get stressed you tend to carry that stress around in your muscles in the form of knots. Yoga helps release that tension and therefore relieve some stress. Also it is an exercise, which releases endorphin's (or "happy hormones") and keeps you healthy, if done regularly, and can help keep you happy. So take a time out and do some yoga everyday. It's always a win win.
- Massages! Before you get all "I can't afford that!" on me, listen up! I have only had one paid for massage in my 25 years of living (I didn't even pay for it) and, even though it was nice, you can still get a good relaxing massage at home. Have your spouse give you a massage, ask a good friend too, have a child or parent give one to you. It doesn't have to be a clothes-off-under-a-sheet massage (unless its your spouse and you are planning for an intimate night. Which makes this suggestion a double bonus). Wear your clothes. Just have them massage your back or feet or as far up your legs as you are comfortable with. (Legs hold a LOT of tension!! As does your behind, but that one is totally up to you.) So just get a massage and feel how good it is! Also try a massage school, I hear they are much cheaper.
- Movie Time! Let me paint a picture for ya: you are curled up on the couch in your pj's, possibly with your significant other. You both have a warm cup of cocoa and a snugly-wugly blanket and you pop in an ol' favorite and snuggle in for the next 2 hours for some much needed relaxation. Honestly? How could you NOT feel relaxed with that scenario? Got to love it!
|Photo Courtesy of The Dating Divas|
- BONUS! I am going to try meditating as a way to relax. I have recently become aware of the voices in me head not shutting up when it's time for bed. And by voices, I mean me worrying about all I have to do the next day, what to post next and what to do with my business to make it better and so much more.
Well if any of you have tried meditating I want to know how it went, what you did, what made it work and how you learned more about it!
So tell me, what is your favorite way to relax? Comment below! I'm dying to know!