3/04/2014

Organize my life please!

Hey friends, today I am going to do something a wee bit embarrassing. I am going to show you a picture of my messy, cluttered, crazy-out-of-control living room. I am going on a journey to clean my house and de-clutter my house and my life. So I am hoping that by showing my messy house online for all to see I can be motivated to clean it and KEEP it clean. A lot of that has to do with having too much stuff and not enough space. That is good at this point in our lives though, it is making us get rid of stuff we don't need.

I am going to do the 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge I got off of White House Black Shutters.  Basically you have 40 days (with one day off a week included) and you pick an area/room of your house where you clean and de-clutter each day. You can get 5 bags in a day or 1/2 of one, just so long as you do it and clean one area a day. That's one goal.

The other thing I will be doing for the next year is following the plan laid out in a book called Organize Now! by Jennifer Ford Berry. It is on amazon and it is amazing so far! It helps you to de-clutter yourself AND your house! Double win! I am excited to be sharing this with you!

Okay so here it is, moment of truth, my messy living room:


And there you have it! That is the mess I live in. It isn't always this way, we do clean. I am just sick of it taking all of 1 day to get this way again. We need to simplify and get rid of stuff! So I know I'll be hyperventilating a little when I post this, but it will be good for me. It'll also show my progress and give you guys motivation to do this yourself. I hope you decide to follow my posts and do this too!

What are ways that you de-clutter your house? What about your life?

3 comments:

  1. Haha don't feel too bad, our living room looks just as bad! And so does our bedroom, and dining room. I should do the 40 bags in 40 days too! Thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say start with getting rid of the "trash" first. Anything that you can throw away, do that. Then organize into a "give away/donate" pile and a "keep" pile. If you think you will use it in the next year keep it. If you don't, donate it. Then get that donation stuff out of the way! You can either have a garage sale (make a little money) or take it to DI or give it to people you know. Then I say, clean things! When my house is clean I feel MUCH better and happier. Then, use what you have or even purchase (I know!) some things to help you be organized, like shelves, baskets, etc....and organize your "keep" pile into designated spaces. You can also repurpose furniture and things to be useful somewhere else in your house. Check out pinterest for ideas. Hope this helps sissy! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'm trying to get my butt in gear and make sure I do this and get myself into a healthier state of living.

    ReplyDelete