6/14/2013

My 2 Year Anniversary!

So I know this post is late. My anniversary was on June 4th. But I am posting this anyways! So everybody better love it! Hehe!
So June 4th marked our 2 year anniversary! And man have I loved it! It has been fantastic being married to the man of my dreams for the last two years! I honestly could not live without him. Now, I haven’t exactly loved every moment, (we have our share of arguments), But I have loved it as a whole. I love that even though we do argue; we make up, forgive each other, and get over it! And THAT is what I want to talk about today.
A little prelude for you: Guess what guys, life isn’t easy! Sometimes it really sucks and you feel like things will never get better. Didn’t know that? Well, now you do! It’s a fact. It cannot be changed no matter how hard we try. Seriously. Sometimes your life will suck. Now, before you go and give up on life, let me tell you another little secret; it gets better! It ALWAYS gets better. No doubt about it! No matter how sucky and bad and horrible your life gets or seems, it will, in fact, get better!
 Don’t tell me it won’t either. Because I know it will! How do I know?? I have been there, done that. I have struggled with depression (more than once, but that’s a post for another time), and I have come back on top. I have also had sucky points in my marriage where my dear husband and have disagreed on something. I don’t mean that lightly; we have had our share of arguments. But honestly, it has always gotten better. And not only that, I take solace in the fact that EVERYONE fights. And if you don’t, well, either you are still in the honeymoon phase or you aren’t fully committed in your relationship.
Okay, okay, don’t freak out on me. You say your 100% committed and you don’t fight and you’re not in the honeymoon phase anymore? Well then you must be pretty lucky to agree 100% with everything your spouse tells you. (Or they agree with you, whatever, either way.) I honestly say, bull crap to that! It takes a LONG time to get to a point in your life and marriage/relationship for there to not be fighting. And I mean like decades! And sadly, most people give up before that point comes. It’s kind of pathetic of people honestly. Don’t get yourself into a commitment if you can’t stick with it! Seriously! Especially not a lifelong commitment! Those are FOR LIFE! (Hence the name: lifelong commitment.)
Anyways, I have a really good friend who is super easy going and amazing! So is her husband! They are perfect for each other. But even though she rarely ever fights with anyone (honestly, she is just super amazing) and even though he tries his best to make her happy, they still have arguments. Not as severe as some people and not as often, but they have them. And if they have had arguments, then everyone has! It is just a fact that people will not always agree 100% on every little thing. That doesn’t always lead to fighting or arguments, but it sure can.
Okay, back to tying in my marriage to all this. I am an imperfect human being, I am selfish, I am mean at times, and I am not always quick to forgive. (Obviously, I have problems.) But isn’t everyone like this? Honestly, take a second and evaluate how you act towards others. Do you ALWAYS think about what others want before thinking about what you want? Do you get road rage? Are you impatient and want things done right now, your way? Do you think the burger King motto applies to your life? Do you get angry standing in line at the store and its taking forever and you think it is the cashiers fault?
Okay, so do I. As I said before, I am not perfect; far far FAR from it. I do all those things above. And sadly I get mad at my husband and take out my frustrations on him. I am SOO lucky that he still loves me. Now don’t get me wrong, he isn’t perfect either. But we have decided to overlook those flaws and work through things together. We have always said that divorce is never an option! (For us, at least. We know some situations do call for it.) I think everyone should have that motto. Never bring it up, never threaten your spouse with it, and never ever think it’s an option. Honestly, it has made all the difference. With that in mind, we have been able to work through a lot of stuff: big stuff, little stuff, and HUGE stuff. (Arguments come in all sizes!) We have also learned how to bite our tongues and not argue when we realized that it isn’t worth it.
My hubby and I love each other dearly; to the moon and back, always and forever, for all eternity, never giving up on one another. But, even being that committed, things are still hard. So we are learning to get through it; together. We have decided that part of doing that is working on ourselves. When we strive to be better people, then naturally we will treat others better, and they will in turn treat us better. I invite everyone to come one this journey with us. Join us as we try harder to better ourselves, come closer to our Heavenly Father, and learn to love completely and be an easier person to love.
I will post all the things we will be doing to be better on here so others can use those to try them in their own relationships. Do not despair, things will get better. And if you have any questions about anything, let me know! Email, or comment and I will do my best to answer your questions. Sorry I am a little scatter brained. I try to make things make sense, but my head runs away with me sometimes.
Okay, last but certainly not least, my hubby and I love being married. We love that soon we will have a wonderful bouncing baby boy to add to the mix. (Honestly, SO excited!) And we just love each other. Life isn’t perfect, but we find the perfect moments in it to hold on to. I wish you all the best in your relationships, now and forever.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment