6/16/2013

Daddy Knows Best

Happy Father's Day to the greatest dad ever!
I want to just post a little something today for my wonderful father. He has always been there for me, helping me, encouraging me to do good, teaching me, rescuing me from spiders, everything! His hugs make everything better! Seriously though, daddy hugs are the best! There is just something about having the man who raised you and protected you your whole life giving you a hug that just makes everything better. Not only that, my dad has always been there to make me feel safe. If I am scared, sad, mad, or whatever my dad always knows how to make me feel better.

When I got depression (both times) my dad was there to lift me up and help me through it. (So was my mom, sister, brothers, friends... but this post is to brag about my great dad. Not the others.) One time he sat me down in his lap and told me that maybe what I needed to do was focus on working on myself and not worry about what was making me so sad and depressed. From that day on, that is what I have tried to do. I have tried to bring myself closer to Heavenly Father so that I could have His spirit to be with me and I could be happy. I always try to take my dad's counsel to heart. No matter how big or small, I always try to listen and obey. My dad is pretty smart and in tune with the spirit, so listening to him could only help me.

So anyways, thank you dad for all you do! You are amazing and wonderful! I love you so much!

I also want to quickly mention my father-in-law. I haven't known him for as long as my dad (duh!) and I don't even get to spend that much time with him, but I know he is a wonderful man. He has to be! He raised a wonderful son! I want to thank him too for being a great dad to my husband and teaching him all he knows.

Lastly, I want to mention my husband himself. He is a wonderful man! He tries so hard to be good! He isn't perfect, but he is perfect for me! I love him SOOOO much more than I could ever express to him in my whole existence. I honestly don't want anyone else. He is my new spider killing hero, lifter of my spirits, and supporter in everything I do. I love you babe! To the moon and back, for all eternity, with all my heart, might, mind and strength! Thanks for always being there for me and for trying so hard to better yourself for me. I can't wait for you to be a dad. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment