5/02/2013

Worst Day EVER!

Okay so most of you have been updated via Facebook as to what happened to my husband. But if you haven't or you want to know more, read on.

So Saturday started out like any other day. David worked till five and while he was there I ran some errands with my parents and cleaned a little and made brownies for dessert. When David got home from work we went to a friends house for dinner. It was really fun! We had hamburgers, tater tots and, of course, brownies! We played with their adorable babies and they gave us a bunch of baby stuff. It was all going great.

Then suddenly, while the wife and I were talking, there was a loud *BANG*! So, apparently, while the wife and I paid no attention to our husbands, they decided to check out each others guns. (Okay we did know this was going on, but not everything, just that the guns were out.) They were trying to take apart the gun to clean it and it ended up going off. David's friend was holding it, and David got shot. It hit his right leg. Went in right below the knee. David screamed, the friend ran around freaking out and the wife and I sat there stunned.

I was in shock! Everything froze and I thought this was all a joke. Seriously. I was stunned! It wasn't till I saw the blood that I really started to freak out. David was holding his leg and shaking from shock. So I grabbed the towel and helped him hold it, and him on the couch. I was still trying to figure out what was going on and how this happened when the ambulance got there and took us to the hospital. I wanted to cry but my head still hadn't caught up with what was happening, so I couldn't. It was a weird feeling. David was so brave though! He didn't even cry! I love him! He's so strong!

So luckily the bullet missed all the veins and arteries and ligaments. It was great news! His bone was fractured though, but getting shot and walking (sort of) away with just a broken leg and a gun hole? I say we lucked out! It could have been so much worse! He did have surgery on Sunday and they went in and put a metal plate and two screws in. He will be out of commission for a while but he will regain the use of his leg and once we get through the pain and physical therapy, he will be golden!

I am so glad it didn't hit anyone else, especially the babies, they were in bed. I really wish it hadn't hit anyone but I am glad it didn't hit me, for the fact that I would have more than likely lost the baby and that would have been devastating! I tell David he took a bullet for me and the baby. I love him so much! I hate that this happened! But I think maybe it was to humble us and put us through a challenge to bring us closer together. I am also thankful I had already quit work. I wouldn't have been able to work. At all! I needed to be with my hubby! Also this has kicked my butt into gear packing wise. My wonderful mother came and helped me clean and organize and pack. We basically got the house crutch friendly for David, so he could come home. Also we have almost everything ready to be moved in a month. It's nice.

I still wish this didn't happen and I don't know why it did, but I know it did happen for a reason. I do know that I and my hubby are going to make the most of it. We are going to do what we can to be better to each other and just better in general.

Well, till next time, love your family dearly and hold them close! You never know what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment