4/26/2013

The Joys (and Not so Joyous) Things about Pregnancy!


Okay so everyone who knows me knows I am no expert on being pregnant. Not even close! This is my first baby and I am only half way through, so I have very little experience or “expertise” about being pregnant. But I have to say, there are some things that I have loved and some things that I have not loved about being pregnant.

Let’s start with the not loved things, get the bad out of the way. Luckily, throughout my pregnancy so far, there aren't a lot of bad things to report on. First off, being sick; I worked at PetSmart up until about two weeks ago. I liked it just fine, that’s not why I left. I left because I am allergic to basically everything in there. I know, I know, I shouldn't have even worked there, but it was one place I could handle working without going out of my mind. Anyways, so I am allergic to stuff in PetSmart that made it so my immune system had a hard enough time keeping up with me. My allergies affected my immune system badly; they didn't just make me sneeze and itch.

So when I found out I was pregnant I worked until David could find a better job and then we both decided it was time for me to quit and get better. Being pregnant took a toll on my body, causing me to be sick almost constantly. In fact, I went to the doctors to check if I had the flu (which I did), when I found out I was pregnant. So yeah, being sick wasn't fun for me at all! Now that I have quit, however, I am doing much better at staying healthy. No runny noses, sore throats, colds, or flues.

Another thing about being pregnant that I didn't like was the constant feeling of “I am going to throw up!” I hate throwing up! (Don’t know anyone that likes it actually). And I hate feeling like I constantly need to. Plus it made me lose twenty pounds; which would have been fantastic if I didn't now need the reserves for the baby. Granted, he is the one that took them so he could grow. (He is two days ahead of his growth schedule. I have a feeling he won’t be a tiny baby.) I could hardly eat at that time and only really did so to satisfy the baby. (They say that eating helps the nausea, I didn't see a huge improvement when I did). Luckily, the sickness eventually went away! Now I don’t get nauseous hardly ever! Except when I forget to take my medicine or run out of it. I have Insulin Resistance so I have to take a pill every day.

One more thing I don’t like is the back and tummy pain. Well, the tummy pain is more ligament pain, but I feel it in the tummy area. Anyways, it is both normal and good that I feel it (according to my doctor). It means the little man is growing; which don’t get me wrong, I LOVE! But I don’t love that it hurts so bad. My doctor said that some women just feel it more than others and that it can be pretty painful. I guess I am one of the unlucky few who feel it more than others. Because sometimes I can’t move for a minute till the pain dies down again. Also I have had back problems for quite a while (years), so the back pain isn't fun either.
Last thing, I also don’t like when my heart races or beats hard. It is kind of scary. I feel it beating super-fast and hard and I just have to take a time out and breathe, sit down, and drink some water. It never last super long, but I still don’t like it.



Okay so now onto the things I LOVE about being pregnant! First off, that I AM pregnant! David and I tried for a year and a half before we finally got pregnant. (It was when we stopped really trying and just had fun that I finally got pregnant). I had had so many “false alarms” that when my period was late this time I just thought it was cause my I.R. medicine ran out again. WRONG! I was preggers! We were ecstatic! SOOOO HAPPY! J It is my favorite thing about being pregnant, other than the joyous little man I get out of it!

Next, I love when he wiggles around inside me and I can feel it! Some days he is super wiggly and some days hardly wiggly at all; but I love it because it means he is in there and healthy and growing. I love knowing he is in there. I can’t wait till he is big enough that David can feel him wiggle and kick too. It’ll be awesome! (Side note, we want to put Marley’s head on my tummy when he is kicking and see what her reaction to it is. Hehe!)

One of my all-time favorite things so far was our last doctor’s appointment! We got to go in and see our little man in the ultrasound. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life! I won’t lie, I cried a little while in there. I just loved seeing him. I wish that I could go in every day and do that so I could see his little face and hands and feet! He is just so precious to me! I am getting teary eyed just thinking about how much I loved seeing him.

Okay so last but definitely not least, is that at the end of this nine month journey, I get to meet and hold this precious soul in my arms. I am overwhelmed that my hubby and I have been chosen to take care of him. It is one of the greatest blessings I could ever receive; one of the greatest blessings of being a woman. I am honored that I have been given this role in my life. I just can’t wait for a chance to fulfill it to its fullest!
Babies are an amazing blessing; one I can’t wait to have in my arms.

So tell me, what do you love, hate, or can’t wait for in pregnancy?

P.S. I love buying baby stuff! SO CUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment