8/12/2010

I want to help!!

I have a passion for service and helping people. But sadly I rarely get to do service for others. I would love to do more, so much more. That is why I am going to volunteer at Utah Food Bank. I want to do as much as I can! So as soon as I get back to Utah and out of Cali I am going to contact the food bank and see what I can do to help. I strongly believe we could all do a little more each week (or even day) to help. And we should!! I don't think people realize just how good they have it sometimes. Sure your poor and you live paycheck to paycheck, but you have a roof over your head, a place to lay down and sleep, food to eat. I saw on TV this program showing people in the south who are too poor to feed their children so they starve so the children eat what little they can get. Big families living in small houses with their relatives living there too, only two or three of them actually have jobs. Children who sleep in campers and tents, who live out of cars! I am not a wealthy person at all. But I have a better life than them, and therefore I should help. In any way I can. Donating time to help another is the best way. Money helps, sure, but some cant donate money. Time, time can change a life. It is hard to find time, yes, but I know we could all rearrange our schedules to fit one hour a week of service into it. Or even just help out a friend. Listen, give advice when needed, and be there for somebody. Make dinner for a friend who's been sick, clean someone house for them, yard work, help a friend who's moving, pick someone up, drop someone off. There are a million things we could do to help! Little things! When you bake those cookies for your kids or friends or for fun or whatever, save a couple on the side for a friend you realize has been down lately, or who you haven't seen in a while.

I think you guys realize how passionate I am about this. I really want to make a difference in the world. To people and animals alike. (I am going to volunteer at an animal shelter too :) hehe) I really cant wait to get started. It may be a lot of work and it may be a bit stressful. But I know it WILL be worth it! :)

2 comments: